Wondering which GPS fleet tracking program is best suited for your business needs. Does the mere thought of finding the right software program makes things complicated for you. Don’t worry our simple and basic guide will help you find the perfect fleet tracking system.
Before embarking on the journey to choose the right fleet tracking system ask yourself the following questions
- The number of vehicles which you need to be tracked, whether one, a few or a whole fleet?
- What kind of vehicle or driver you want under surveillance?
- What would your estimated budget be?
A GPS fleet tracking system can help
- By letting you keep an eye on everything which goes on while your vehicle is in transit.
- The best thing about these tracking systems is that you know where your vehicles are regardless of your own location thanks to an advanced GPS system.
- There are quite a few benefits of using a GPS system, the first and foremost being increased efficiency from both your staff and your vehicles.
- You can even track any unsafe driving behavior which can help prevent accidents and increase road safety.
How Do These Fleet Tracking Software work?
In-vehicle monitoring system – or IVMS is a system designed to provide feedback of a vehicle. IVMS system can show a health status of the vehicle and position of the drive ensuring the driver’s log is being followed strictly.
- A GPS device is installed in a vehicle which needs to be tracked.
- It makes use of satellites to help track drivers and vehicles
- Any changes in the usual route or any unsafe driving tactic is easily monitored
- These tracking devices can help locate vehicles and even provide the necessary directions for various destinations.
- Most tracking systems can even track the amount of fuel which is consumed.
- All these above factors can help lower long terms costs by increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Aggressive maneuvers like making unusually fast turns or speed breaking can be traced.
Make sure the fleet tracking software has the following features
- Amalgamation with fuel cards
- The correct and easy map-reading options
- Continuous customer support system
- Whether you receive proper alerts at the right time. Any unruly driving action or overconsumption of fuel on any route should be easily track able.
- Make sure that the software isn’t too complicated to use. A simple dashboard is easy to operate and doesn’t require any technical skills.
- Always take a demo before buying software. It’s important to know whether the staff or you might be able to operate it on your own.
- Make sure that the GPS system is known for its good signals. There is no use investing in one which keeps loosing signals making you unable to keep a check on your vehicles.
- A GPS system with a mobile app is a great option because it lets you access information no matter wherever you are located.
- Not all GPS tracking systems are the same, that’s the main reason why most differ in prices as well.
- However that doesn’t mean that a relatively cheaper system won’t be okay for you to use. If it’s only one or two vehicles you need tracked, then choosing expensive systems isn’t advisable.
GPS Fleet tracking can help you save money by running efficiently and being well informed by tracking your fleet. GPS fleet tracking provides location and vehicle data back to headquarters where it can be monitored to ensure the driver is following regulation.